Bill Gates cannot buy all bitcoins
What if Bill Gates suddenly buy all bitcoins?
That would not be possible:
(says Mark Johnson, Cryptocurrency blogger, investor and enthusiast in Quora Digest)
1) Only about 16 million of the total 21 million Bitcoins are in circulation.
2) A lot of those 16m Bitcoins are off the market due to being lost, stolen or held by governments due to illegal activities.
3) The last Bitcoin will be mined in 2140, I don’t think Bill Gates will be around when that happens.
4) A lot of people won’t even sell their Bitcoins anyway so eventually he will hit a wall of reluctant investors who are holding on to their Bitcoins.
5) Every time a Bitcoin is bought the price goes up so he would probably run out of money before he could even buy them all.
6) Even at the current price of $4600, Bill Gates could never afford to buy all the Bitcoins currently in circulation, that would cost over $73 Billion, Bill Gates Net worth is $85 Billion yes but net worth does not reflect how much money they have in cash, instead it is calculated on cash + assets. Do you really think Bill Gates would liquidate everything he has just so he could buy some Bitcoin?
What is in it for me?
PS: Why not to buy some BTC now and turn it into passive income in the next 6 months?